Movies watched over the weekend

As I said in my previous post, I had a rather eventful Raya weekend and so, I'll start off with a recap of the movies I watched over the weekend. First up,
1) A - Team, starting Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel

I've had the DVD of this movie in my house for a while, but like always, we never found a chance to watch it together. Thus, we decided to take advantage of the long weekend to catch up on some of the movies. I've heard from people and read many reviews saying the movie is great and that it was really funny. I didn't really believe the funny part with it being an action movie until I actually watched the movie and I have to say, the funny part is not because the movie is ridiculous or anything but because it really had humour in it. =)

The movie is actually a remake and it's about this four former Army guys. They were sentenced to jail and stripped off their positions for something they were not responsible for and as a result, they wanted revenge. So, they managed to escape from prison to finish the job they were responsible for and clear their names. The character in this movie that provided all the funny moments would have to be Captain Murdoch, the eccentric pilot. His weird ways and his personailty made it really entertaining! I was laughing at many parts of the movie, so much so that my sis, who was not watching it at first, decided to watch it with us!

Overall, a really entertaining movie and the action scenes were also great though there were some moments where the stunts just did not seem possible. haha.. But, a great watch! =)

2) Step Up 3, starring Adam Sevigny, Alyson Stoner, and the cute dancer in this pic whose real name I forgot!

I have been a BIG fan of the step up series since the first one came out, so I was really excited when I found out Step Up 3 was out. For me, if there are any kind of dancing movie, I would definitely watch it regardless if the storyline seems redundant as the dancing in all these movies are always great! And, it always makes me want to dance as well!! =)

So, Step Up 3 sees the return of Moose from the second movie and it's about him emrolling in NYU. He decides to give up dancing for Engineering, however a chance encounter with Luke brings him back to what he loves best, DANCE! The movie also focuses on Luke and his dance team, The Pirates and their goal to win the World Dance Jam. Of course, there is always a rival group, The Samurai's and there is always a girl caught between the two teams. =)

The movie also showcases the talent of the dancers from So You Think You Can Dance season 4 such as Twitch and Joshua and season 6, Legacy. After all, Adam Shankman, a judge from the show, is the producer. With so many talented dancers in the movie, the dancing was really really good. =) I enjoyed watching them dance in the second qualifying round with the water and everything and of course, the final battle with the cool lights and the cute kids. Really really cool!!

So, If you are a fan of dancing movies, this movie is a definite YES!! I would definitely watch it again. haha.. =)

3) Going The Distance, starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long

Going The Distance is a movie about a couple involved in a long distance relationship or LDR. The guy lives in San Francisco and the girl lives in New York. They meet at a bar and the next morning, the girl reveals that she will only be in town for 6 weeks before she leaves for NY again. So, they decide to carry on until she leaves and then it'll be goodbye forever. However, at the airport, as the girl is leaving, the boy realises he wants to try a LDR as what they had was special. So, they both decide to give their relationship a try despite living in two different cities. Thus, the story continues about the ups and downs of their LDR.

A typical love story that would probably appeal to those in a long distance relationship and watching this movie would probably give them hope that their relationship will be able to last. It's rated 18SX, so be ready for some vulgar words inserted into nearly every sentence as well as certain inapproriate scenes in the movie.

It was an OK movie but it didn't really make me feel anything as it was quite predictable I guess. But, everyone would have different interpretations after watching a movie, so if you're interested, then go ahead and give it a try. =)

So, that's all for now. I'll write again soon! Pa-alam!! =)

Comments

Popular Posts