American Idol 8

I have been an avid follower of Idol since season 3 and have never failed to watch every season. So, it's not surprising to know that I am currently following the new season. Even if I didn't want to follow, my dad is a fan of Idol, so I'll end up watching it anyway. And if possible, I think he would love to be a judge on the show as well!! He also loves to play his very own "who's out" game by trying and trying to guess who went out and if his pick is right, you won't fail to hear him saying "See! I told you what!". hahahaha.... I guess that's what you get from having a father who was a musician!!

Anyway, unlike previous seasons, season 8 is introducing a Top 13 instead of the usual top 12 and they have an added judge(Kara DioGuardi) as well. The producers are probably trying to revamp the new season by introducing all this new "surprises" so that the ratings would go up and to make it different from the other seasons. How else can they attract new audiences then, right?

Season 8 has been kinda interesting as to me all the top 13 contestants are good and they each have their own styles. In previous seasons, I had a few contestants that I didn't really like. But, for this season, I actually like all 13!! hahahaha.... Of course, there are a few standouts in the form of Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace. I also like Kris Allen! Cute guy with good vocals but unfortunately he's kinda short and he's married!!! haiz...... My sister, on the other hand, is IN LOVE with Danny Gokey and us being the soul and R n B song lovers, it's not hard to fall in love with Danny's singing. I loved his rendition of PYT by Michael Jackson as well!! *sigh* Hopefully he's able to go far in the show and we both will be watching and supporting this guy!! Any other fans of him out there?? =)

Comments

Popular Posts